Foundation Year (၁၂/၂၀၁၉) သင်တန်း မှကျောင်းသား/သူ များ တက္ကသိုလ်ပညာသင်ထောက်ပံ့ကြေးလျှောက်ထားရန်လျှောက်လွှာခေါ်ယူခြင်း
M.B.,B.S, M.Med.Sc (OG), Dr.Med.Sc (OG), Dip.Med.Ed,
M.R.C.O.G (UK) , F.R.C.O.G (UK)
Professor and Head
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology came into existence with the establishment of the University of Medicine (2) in May 1963. The Defense Service General Hospital had been the sole teaching hospital until 1970 when the North Okkalapa General Hospital was affiliated as the second teaching hospital.
The late Professor U Shwe Tin, an eminent surgeon as well as an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, was the first Professor and Head of the department, under whose supervision the academic courses for the undergraduate MBBS students and for the Diploma in Obstetrics (D.Obst.) during 1978-1982 were conducted. Since 1970 the professional unit was established in North Okkalapa General Hospital (NOGH) under the supervision of Clinical Professor Khin Nu. In 1979 when Professor Shwe Tin was promoted to Director General of the Department of Medical Education, Prof. Daw Khin Nu led the department till 1983.
In 1983 Professor Soe Myint headed the Department in North Okkalapa General Hospital and introduced postgraduate course for the Master’s Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 1985. Later Prof. Kyu Kyu Swe, Prof Khin Kyunt, Prof Florence Maung Maung and Prof. Myint Maung Maung were in-charge of the Department in succession. The academic courses for undergraduate and postgraduate students have been conducted under the Institute of Medicine (2). In July 1997 the Thingangyun Sanpya General Hospital (TSGH) was affiliated as teaching hospital to the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the University of Medicine (2), Obstetrics and Gynaecological Unit supervised by the Clinical Professor Khin Myint Myint Than. By the end of 1997 Prof. Myint Maung Maung was promoted as Medical Superintendent of North Okkalapa General Hospital and Prof Mary Krasu became the head of the Department. In 1998 Insein General Hospital (IGH) and South Okkalapa Women and Children’ Hospital (SWCH) were also affiliated as teaching hospitals to the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of University of Medicine (2), Yangon. Prof. Mary Krasu started the program of training the GP on reproductive health as the President of Obstetric and Gynaecological Society, Myanmar Medical Assiociation.
Since June 1999 following the retirement of Prof. Mary Krasu, Prof. Khin Saw Hla started the responsibility. In addition to the routine departmental activities, Prof. Khin Saw Hla started the training on post abortion care, implementing the use of manual vacuum aspiration(MVA), post abortion counseling on family planning practices not only in the teaching hospital under the department but also for the consultants in state and divisional hospitals. She also acts as the principal investigator on post abortion care for the general practitioners under the collaboration of Myanmar Medical Association- OG society, Planned Parenthood Federation American International (PPFAI) from 2002 to 2005.
Since July 2005 Prof Khin Myint Myint Than took the responsibility of the head of department up to June, 2007. Then, Prof Win Win Mya was in-charge of the Department up to April 2009. After June, 2007, Professor Mya Thida took the responsibility of head of the department until 2013. Professor Khin Htar Yi handed over the department from 2013 to 2016. Then, Professor Kyi Kyi Nyunt took the responsibility of the head of the department from 2016 to 2018. After that, Professor Saw Kler Ku acted as the Head of Department from 2018 to 2019.
Currently, Professor Khin May Thin is taking the responsibility of the head of Department.
|Prof. Shwe Tin||M.B.,B.S, F.R.C.S, F.R.C.O.G||1967-1978|
|Prof. Khin Nu||M.B.,B.S, F.R.C.O.G||1979- 1983|
|Prof. Soe Myint||M.B.,B.S, F.R.C.O.G||1983-1986|
|Prof. Kyu Kyu Swe||M.B.,B.S, F.R.C.O.G||1986- 1988|
|Prof. Khin Nyunt||M.B.,B.S, F.R.C.O.G||1988-1990|
|Prof. Florence Maung Maung||M.B.,B.S., F.R.C.O.G||1990|
|Prof Myint Maung Maung||M.B.,B.S, F.R.C.O.G||1990-1998|
|Prof. Mary Krasu||M.B.,B.S, F.R.C.O.G||1998-1999|
|Prof. Khin Saw Hla||M.B.,B.S, M.Med.Sc (OG), F.R.C.O.G||1999-2005|
|Prof. Khin Myint Myint Than||M.B.,B.S, M.Med.Sc (OG), F.R.C.O.G, Dr.Med.Sc||2005-2007|
|Prof. Win Win Mya||M.B.,B.S, M.Med.Sc (OG), MRCOG, Dr.Med.Sc (OG), Dip.Med.Ed, F.R.C.O.G||2007-2009|
|Prof. Mya Thida||M.B.,B.S, M.Med.Sc (OG), M.R.C.O.G, M.F.F.P
Dr.Med.Sc (OG), Dip.Med.Ed, F.R.C.O.G, F.F.S.R.H
|2009 – 2013|
|Prof. Khin Htar Yi||M.B.,B.S, M.Med.Sc (OG), F.R.C.O.G (UK), M.R.C.O.G(UK), Dr.Med.Sc (OG),D.F.F.P (UK), Dip.Med.Ed||2013 – 2016|
|Prof Kyi Kyi Nyunt||M.B.,B.S, M.Med.Sc (OG), Dr.Med.Sc (OG), M.R.C.O.G (UK), F.R.C.O.G (UK)||2016 – 2018|
|Prof Saw Kler Ku||M.B.,B.S, M.Med.Sc (OG), Dr.Med.Sc (OG), M.R.C.O.G(UK), D.F.F.P (UK)
Dip.Med.Ed, F.R.C.O.G (UK)
|2018 – 2019|
At the end of the course of instruction, the learner must be able to acquire the knowledge of normal pregnancy, normal labour, normal puerperium and care of the new born; to acquire the skill of taking relevant history of an obstetric patient, performing a systematic obstetric examination, conducting normal delivery, immediate care of normal newborn; to acquire the attitude of empathic approach to the patient and her family.
At the end of the course, the learners should be able to acquire the knowledge of abnormal pregnancy, abnormal labour, abnormal puerperium and common obstetric problems in Myanmar; to acquire the skill of taking relevant history of an obstetric patient, performing a systematic obstetric examination, giving antenatal care, recognizing abnormal pregnancy, recognizing obstetric emergencies and planning treatment, taking part in a community oriented obstetric programme; to acquire the attitude of behaving according to medical ethics, believing that good obstetrics is preventive gynaecology, continuing self-education and scientific investigations.
At the end of the course of instruction, the student should be able to acquire the knowledge of normal structure, normal function, abnormal structure and function of female genital tract, common gynaecological problems in Myanmar; to acquire the skill of taking relevant history from a gynaecological patient and diagnosing common gynaecological problems; to acquire an attitude of behaving according to medical ethics and continuing self-education and scientific investigations.
OG Department Group Photo
1. M.Med.Sc Course
Duration – 3 years
Entrance requirements – The candidate must be:
1. a citizen of Myanmar
2. a holder of MBBS or equivalent basis medical degree
3. a minimum of 2 years in-service excluding the internship training
4. a willingness to serve for 5 years after completion of the course
5. the candidate must be selected by the board of postgraduate studies, Department of Medical Sciences
Objectives – The candidate should:
1. Be conversant with basis principles of OB/GYN, be able to apply concepts and principles to new situations and be able to integrate knowledge from different sources into an effective plan to solve a problem.
2. Be able to performs common clinical procedures and surgical procedures for the management of OG/GYN conditions and emergencies with a high degree of skill without supervision
3. Be able to offer affective counseling to the patient and her family and adhere to ethical principles in every contact with the patient
2. Dr.Med.Sc Courses
(Dr.Med.Sc (Obstetrics and Gynaecology), Dr.Med.Sc (Reproductive Health) and Dr.Med.Sc (Gynaecological Oncology)
Duration – 3 years
Entrance requirements – criteria for application
1. The applicant must be a citizen of Myanmar
2. He/ She must be a holder of M.Med.Sc or equivalent degree in OB/GYN
3. He/She must have 2-year service after completion of the Master degree
4. He/She must be in-service personnel who is willing to serve for a further 10 years after completion of the training
5. The candidate must not be older than 45 years of age at the time of application
1. To provide higher postgraduate training of an advanced level in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
2. To provide highly qualified specialist clinicians in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in accordance with National Health Policy and National Health Plan.
3. To upgrade the level of clinical competency in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology to international level
Course requirement – the method of learning is self-directed learning through problem solving approach. The training is based on service under supervision of the competent trainer. Performance of the candidate is documented in the log book. Attending and participating the conference, seminars, workshops and other educational activities relating to the respective field of study will be a part of training programme. Research submission of thesis on actual work perform by the trainee is required.
Assessment – will be held in the form of formative and summative assessment. There will be an exit final examination apart from defending the thesis.
8. Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Duration – 1 year
7. In-Service Training Programme
CME (continuing medical education).
Workshop (for midwives, general practitioners, interns)
Grand round, seminar, maternal and perinatal mortality meeting (1-2monthly)
9. Staff Development Programme
1. Development of guidelines on labour management
2. Development of guidelines on antenatal clinic management
3. Neonatal Resuscitation Training in co-operation with Department of Neonatology and Paediatrics
1. CME programme – management series, training programme on breastfeeding, family planning practices, journal reading session
2. Workshop on reproductive health – Post-abortion Care, Prevention of Mother-to-Child transmission of HIV
3. Training workshop on Basic Laparoscopic surgery
4. Training workshop on Management of Obstetric Emergencies (MOE)
ဆေးတက္ကသိုလ် ၂ ရန်ကုန်(၅၂)ကြိမ်မြောက် ဘွဲ့နှင်းသဘင်တွင် ဆေးပညာ(MBBS) ဘွဲ့ရရှိခဲ့ပြီး ဆရာဝန်မှတ်ပုံတင်အမှတ် ( ဆမ ) လျှောက်ထားပြီးသူများသည် (၇.၄.၂၀၂၀)ရက် အင်္ဂါနေ့မှစ၍ လိုအပ်သောအထောက်အထားများ ပြည့်စုံစွာ ယူဆောင်လျှက် မိမိတို့၏ ( ဆမ ) လက်မှတ်များကို ကျောင်းသားရေးရာဌာနတွင် ရုံးချိန်အတွင်း လာရောက်ထုတ်ယူနိုင်ပါကြောင်း ကြေညာအပ် ပါသည်။ ဆေးတက္ကသိုလ် ၂ ရန်ကုန်